Thursday, October 15, 2009

Help Me Fight for Real Health Care Reform


As the government affairs director of the AFL-CIO, I spend hours every day speaking to senators and representatives here in Washington about health care reform. In every meeting, I try to represent the voices of more than 11 million union members when I lay out the core components of real reform.
But not surprisingly, my voice is not enough. At many meetings, senators ask me for examples of what people in their home states have to say about reform. And that’s where you come in. The more letters and phone calls I have from activists like you, the more powerful our voice is.
Only working together can we bring the real reform that we need. I'm not asking you to write a letter or make a call today. But can you commit to writing at least one letter or making at least one phone call to your senators and representative in Washington during the next few weeks?
Click here to commit to write a letter or make a call for real health care reform.
We are in the middle of a truly historic opportunity to win real health care reform. Over the next few weeks, America’s working men and women need your help.
Thank you,
Bill Samuel
AFL-CIO Government Affairs Director



If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for Working Families e-Activist Network.


No comments: